Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dreamz Unlimited :D

Have you ever wondered why we dream? I have wondered often.. but am too lazy to google about it and find out.. But the fact is I have gotten to understand that it is a good form of entertainment even while sleeping. Sometimes it gets so interesting that if I wake up (someone wakes up or some disturbance), i pull over the bedsheet, try to recall where my dream had stopped and try to continue again. Believe me, this has worked for me many times! ;)

And dreams are funny too.... Recently I had a dream where I take a left turn on Bull Temple Road and I enter a dense forest.. I encounter an elephant which kills everyone in its way but when it comes to me.... I am not to be seen because I am standing sideways in front of its trunk.. Probably why this sequence came along is because my friends keep teasing me that I am too thin. Sometimes being thin has advantages.. even in dreams. :D

Somehow I always wake up at the climax of a story... Either someone wakes me up or the stupid alarm rings. It is so disappointing to miss the climax and you will be the hero and sometimes, u cant recall even the details. It is just erased off ur memory when u wake up. :( One more observation when it comes to climax of the dream and waking up.. I always see that if my mom is waking me up.. in my dream, someone is shouting my name.. If the alarm is ringing, the sequence of the dream immediately changes to a phone ringing or the door bell. Amazing how this happens and how the brain adjusts the 'physically happening' event with the virtual story happening in ur brain.

They also say dreams are a reflection of what u want in life and what u want to achieve. I have reached amazing heights and have performed unusual arts in my dreams.. My mom had taken a walk to Singapore in one of her dreams... Wish some of them would happen in real life too. But the truth is I enjoy dreaming and day-dreaming is not uncommon to me. Sleep well, sweet dreams :)

3 comments:

Karthik said...

...looks like you are really missing namma bangaluru and Bull Temple Road a lot!

Anonymous said...

I wonder now, what the sequence would be, if you were climbing a rock..Would your brain adjust the 'happening event' to scrolling on the bed..:) Kidding prash...nice blog, u have explored what u dream or rather wat to achieve..

NoName said...

Haha, the complexity behind dreams well explained, everybody goes through these phases of dreams, luckily very few of these dreams turn to be a nightmare.

Cheers
Anoop