Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Addicted to Google :D

  • Here I dont mean I am 'searching' for something most of the time... I am talking about the various other products also that I am addicted to.

  • When Google first came up with its search engine, the very first attraction to me was the 'name' itself. It sounded very professional and yet kooooool. I knew they meant business. So, thats how I started my association with Google and since then I have not stopped enrolling for services offered by them.

  • In chronological order,
    GMail for my mails, I really liked the speed and the organization of 'conversations'.
    GTalk, should I mention the simplicity, absence of ads, clarity of voice calls and what not.
    Google Video for time pass
    Google Toolbar - Convenience
    Google Docs and Spreadsheets for storing documents online and retreiving them.
    Orkut to keep in touch with friends,
  • YouTube now bought by Google - For time pass again....
  • Google Earth - To see satellite images of places around the world
    Google Maps - the real use of this was when I came to US.
    'Blogspot now merged with Google' - for my blogs,
    'Google Reader' to get updated news and jokes immediately
    'Google Groups' like yahoo groups (no viruses till now)
    'Google Suggest' - Search made easier
    'Google Page Creator' for my website - http://prashanth.guha.googlepages.com ( if you feel that I am giving publicity here, then u are absolutely right ;) he he he......)
    'Google Adsense' - To make some money from my website.

    Other products that I may start using in the near future include
    Google Adwords - If I start a business
    Google Book Search - I hope to.. some day
    Google Desktop - Once I have my own laptop
    Google Code Search
    Picassa - For photo sharing and manipulation
    Google Calendar - In case I dont have a mobile

    Believe me the best thing that attracts me to any product of Google is its simplicity and the user friendliness. They know what the customer wants and they implement it. And there lies the secret of success. If you havent tried out their products, u better do that quick and I am sure u will like it.

    PS: You might want to check out the following links:
  • Download Google Videos as AVI files
  • Google Persistent Memory
  • Google pages you've never seen
  • If Google didn't exist
  • Top 10 funny Google News
  • 10 powerful uses for Google Suggest
  • Hidden labels in Gmail
  • Why Google Talk will be the best IM
  • Object recognition is the future of Google
  • The next step in search

0 comments: