Friday, February 13, 2009

Shortest Kannada Movie

So many things happening in life that I am finding very little time for blogs these days..

The Premise: Several attempts to watch 'Milana' the movie had failed due to unavailability of good prints or movie not in theatres when I went to India ( i dont remember if was already released then).
Neither did plans of getting a VCD/DVD from India workout since my cousin Swaroop failed to secure a copy.. :P

Success comes along: A mail from my cousin saying the movie is available and I download it.

The Story: I starting watching the part 'Avseq01.dat'. The hero Puneet is in the process of uniting some girl with her long last.. i mean lost boyfriend. A few mins into the movie, the BF exposes his real cruelty and some crying and a few days later Puneets mom and dad come home. I realized that Puneet is actually her husband. A few more story elements, very beautiful songs and some fights and finally the airport scene where the girl and the hero start lovin each other..A black transition effect and I was expecting an 'Intermission' message when the ending credits start off..

I was suprised and checked the duration of the clip coz I had not started Avseq02.dat. It was 1 hr 12 mins and that is when I started Avseq02.dat to realize that it was actually the first part and I indeed had watched the second part wrongly named '1' without even realizing that it had started from middle of story.

The Epilogue: I am used to the Indian movies where the movie name and credits start after some introduction scenes. Thought this was that kind of movie.. Thought this was a story with flashbacks and stuff... Few mins into the movie, forgot that the introduction credits had not come up. The point is.. anything is possible in an Indian movie and NO SPECIAL INTELLIGENCE IS REQUIRED to follow the movie even from middle. So, eventually I got to watch the shortest movie ever in Kannada... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree on one thing...u can watch many Indian movies from any point and make total sense out of it !

Anonymous said...

where did you download the movie from?

Rashmi said...

u missed most parts.. In the beginning they get married. And also there is puneeth's love story too.
Puneeth is an Amazing actor.
Milana is one of the finest movies in kannada.Please done generalize.