Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recollecting the forgotten! :O

“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory”

Maybe this is the root of all my problems.. I can never forget my forgetfulness(if such a word exists). What is my brain's memory? I figure 256mb.

Why am I writing this blog?
Got inspired to write this blog when I came onsite to Seattle on office work for Tmobile. I packed my suitcase thinking I might be staying 4 weeks and took the bigger suitcase. Plan to check-in online, take printout, schedule myself to reach airport 30 mins before flight takeoff. ( I had forgotten I had a big suitcase and had to reach 40-45 mins early to check-in the bags). I apply shaving cream in the morning to realize it is 45 mins to flight. This isnt the only thing I forgot.
I had put the SLR camera battery for charging. Took the camera, not the battery. I had to postpone visiting Seattle downtown for over a week until I received it through UPS.
I knew Seattle was a beautiful town. I had geared up to do some photography. Forgot the tripod.
I knew I had only one pair of shoes. I forgot to take my slippers.
The worst thing I am ashamed of is this incident: I complain to the receptionist that the coffee machine is filling too much hotwater and my cup overflowed. Only later I realized that I had put a cup full of coffee under the machine.

School and College days remind me of my mother reminding me to write down stuff(that i have to remember) on my right hand and to write down on my left hand to have a look at the right hand. I once didnt even realize that my friend (whom I had to pick up from Parking lot of a movie theater) hadnt yet sat on my bike and I drove away. Whats worse? I would write down things to get from the shop on a piece of paper and forget the paper at home.

There have been times I have forgotten to pay the shopkeeper (sometimes intentionally, I am also ashamed of this ofcourse), times when I have put reverse gear(when I intend to move forward) and sped off just to bang into a car behind, times I walk to pantry to have coffee, only to realize I already have a filled hot cup of coffee on my table, times I forget to wash clothes and go c*******, times when I go on a camping trip forgetting the swimming trunks and buy them there(this explains the 5-6 swimming trunks I have, all used just once), times I take bath and take bath again because I forgot to apply soap.
Ah! this reminds me of my mother cheating me into eating curd rice second time because I would have forgotten I already had it once.(I would be watching tv, and I mix sambar to curd rice, the plate looks brown, logically if no memory of eating, the plate depicts that I just finished sambar rice and curd rice is pending).

Times when I watch the entire movie (without knowing what movie), get to know the movie name in the end to realize I had watched it earlier, times when I am driving, forgot that I am supposed to go to my granny's house and reached college instead, times I am looking for my mobile while talking on my cellphone..lol..

However, there are some things I dont remember forgetting. My cellphone. (Wallets have been forgotten a couple of times).

And not to mention I know I have a lot more things I have forgotten in the past. So, I will come back and update this blog now and then.. till then read this, http://health.howstuffworks.com/10-ways-to-improve-memory.htm

4 comments:

Sreeja said...

So when u forgot ur wallet couple of times, how many of them were intentional ;-)

And you talk about updating the blog...any plans of upgrading ur memory ??

Prash said...

Show me a place where they upgrade memory for humans. i will be the first customer.. I am not interested in software upgrades.. I want firmware upgrade :)

pradeep said...

ley.. bari kathe.... kudumi kudumi... odiddannella.. answer paper mele vanti madi... sakkattagi marks tegiyovnige... memory problema..? nan nambakke ready aagilla.....

-Pradeep

Rashmi said...

Ha ha... funny :-)