Monday, March 30, 2009

Yet another movie story

Kids face lot of peer pressure... I say this coz this happened to me when I was a kid..

Probably I was in 3rd or 4th standard when friends at school and neighbourhood were constantly talking about this tamil movie titled 'Gentleman'. Constantly discussing and appreciating the nice songs in the movie..And succumbing to 'peer pressure', I wanted to watch this movie too..

I ask my dad to take me to this movie and he takes me to the nearest 'Kamakya theater'. I didnt know to read Tamil. Neither did I understand Tamil. I watch the movie happy that the songs and the story were good as expected.. ( I understood the story by the facial emotions and hand movements).

Years later when in PUC, I watched the movie 'Thiruda Thiruda' and realized that the movie I watched supposedly 'Gentleman' was actually Thiruda Thiruda. And to this day, havent watched Gentleman.

Very Recently, had read on rediff that Ghajini is a remake of the hollywood movie 'Memento'. Days later, I forgot entirely about this, but still watched Ghajini. Few friends while on climbing trip, were talking about 'Memento'. So I had to say "I remember to have watched the Indian remake of 'Memento' but I dont remember what movie, so I cant comment on Memento's story". Cant believe my memory could be so bad...

Not to be disheartened, I remind myself of the story where Newton cut a second smaller hole in the door when his cat gave birth to a kitten.

0 comments: